Do You Need a Flu Shot?
According to the Advisory Committee on Immunization practices, the following risk groups should be vaccinated each year:
- Children aged 6 months up to their 19th birthday
- Pregnant women
- People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People in nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk from complications from flu, including: Health care workers, household contacts of a person at high risk for complications from the flu, and household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age.
Click here for more information from the Volusia County Health Department including links to flu shot clinics in your area.
Physicians: Keep informed with the latest information visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/.
Patients: Education Resources (some contain printable materials for patients):